These sweet potato pancakes actually tastes like French toast – not kidding! And depending on how much sugar you put in them they are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2 tablespoon ground flax + 4 tablespoon water (to make “egg”)
- 1 1/2 cup (190 g) flour (of your choice)
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown coconut sugar (or use brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) soy milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup (200 g) mashed sweet potato
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix flax seed and water in a large bowl
- Add soy milk, vinegar, sweet potato and oil to the flax seed mix. Whisk well
- In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until its an even dough.
- Pull out a pan and cook 2-3 pancakes at a time. 3 minutes on each side, low heat.
For breakfast serve pancakes with maple syrup, fresh squeezed orange and nuts. Also great for lunch with a simple salad and one of my tasty vegan dressings.