Chili con carne is such a classic – but I’m telling you it is absolutely possible to make the classic without meat – and deliciously so.
Chili sin carne has become one of my go to dishes when family and friends come over for dinner. I’m actually starting to get comments about it. But it’s just so good and easy to make!
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 chopped carrots (in squares)
- 1/2 chopped chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 3 cans peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown rice (needs to cook for 1 hour), normal rice, quinoa pasta or regular quinoa is great depending on you’re taste and time
Because I’m in Brazil right now – I can’t make the beans as I use to (buying ready made cans and adding immediately). I have to buy dry beans. If you only have that opportunity – soak the beans overnight and boil the beans a couple of hours before making the chili.
- Boil water and cook the rice/pasta or whatever you prefer
- Roast onions garlic and pepper with olive oil in a big pot
- Add the carrots and roast for a couple of minutes
- Add tomatoes, chili, corn, beans and put it to boil
- Add the spices and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve with a more corn on top and a little vegan sour creme.
Enjoy! Love, Nikoline
2 thoughts on “Chili sin carne (20 minutes and you’re done)”