Is there anything better than the smell of something baking in the oven? For me, no! I love pulling out warm, golden buns and eating them with melting butter and sweet jam. Yum!
These are healthy, vegan and easy to make.
- 50 g yeast
- 500 ml warm water (boil 2 dl and mix with 3 dl cold water)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablepoon maple syrup
- 6 1/2 cup flour (mix integral and wheat)
- 50 g vegan butter
- 1 flax seed egg (2 tablespoon water + 1 tablespoon flax seeds)
- 3 medium carrots
- Grate the carrots and put aside
- Dissolve yeast in water and add salt and maple syrup
- Add flour and knead well
- Add melted butter and knead again until smooth
- Add carrots and egg, knead and put aside for 1 hour
- Form your buns and bake in the oven at 200 degrees celsius for 25 minutes – until golden and firm
- Serve warm with vegan butter and tasty jam.