Tortilla night is always a winner and you can stuff those goodies with so many different veggies. A favorite here at home is oven roasted sweet potatoes, avocado cream with pickles and pickled red onions. Gives the perfect balance between sweet and sour.
Tip: I prefer to make the pickled red onions the night before, so they get the perfect taste and consistency.
- 1 big red onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4-5 small pickles (from a glass)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pack of tortilla wraps
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh cilantro for topping
- Chili sauce for topping (if you like it spicy too)
Cook pickled red onions (the night before)
- Cut the red onion in small boats and put in a glass
- Boil water, rice vinegar, sugar and 2 teaspoon salt until sugar and salt is resolved
- Pour the vinegar mix over the onions and put a lid on the glass
- Let it cool down and put in the fridge over night.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in small squares and put in a baking pan
- Sprinkle the potatoes with olive oil, salt and paprika
- Roast the potatoes in the oven at 200 degrees celsius for 25 minutes
- While the potatoes are roasting make the avocado cream with pickles and onion
- Put avocado, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon pepper in a bowl and mix with a hand blender until smooth
- Add minced yellow onion and minced pickles to the avocado for the perfect avocado cream
- Cut cucumber and heat up the tortillas
- Prepare each tortilla wrap with avocado cream, roasted sweet potatoes, pickled red onions and cucumber. Top with fresh cilantro and chili sauce to add a little flavor.