In Denmark it is summer right now and the summer is hotter than ever. The sun is pouring down leaving the city empty and vibrating while most people can be found on the beach.
But not me. I am working this summer. So thinking of ways not to feel too sorry for myself in the heat. A cold and refreshing, tropical chia bowl is one delicious solution.
Ingredients (2 bowls)
- 5 tablespoon chia seeds
- 240 (1 cup) ml cold water
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 mango or frozen cubed mango
- 1 handful of cubed pineapple
- 125 ml (half a cup) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple sirup
- 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 2 kiwis
- 100 ml coconut yoghurt
- Coconut flakes for topping
- Your chia pudding needs to get ready over night – so pour the water over the chia seeds and leave it in the fridge overnight
- Just before serving blend banana, mango, pineapple, coconut milk, vanilla, maple sirup, lime juice, some of the fresh mint and maybe a little water depending on the texture you like
- Mix the chia pudding with the tropical blend in a bowl
- top your bowl with cubed kiwi, coconut yogurt, mint and crispy coconut flakes.