Autumn is showing her beautiful red and orange colors in Denmark right now and the air is getting fresh and crispy. I love this time of year!
Alsoooo because you can pull out your hottest recipes to warm up cold and rainy days. This is one of my favorites – the Italian veggie soup. Hot, healthy and filled with everything good to nurture you body. Enjoy.
- 1 big yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white beans
- 1 medium squash
- 1 liter (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the carrots, onion, garlic and squash – sauté in a large pan for 5 minutes until softened
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans (without can-water), vegetable stock, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the soup to a boil and turn down the heat and let it zimmer about 20 minutes
- Serve it with some homemade bread and vegan butter – and a glass of red wine – why not 🙂
It only takes you about 10 minutes to prepare plus 20 minutes of waiting. Perfect after a busy workday.